The City of Helsinki has opened a new innovation challenge to find new and innovative solutions to promote physical activity of the elderly people.
This innovation challenge is open until February 12, 2021, for startups and SMEs in order to find new and innovative solutions to promote physical activity of the elderly people who live at home. We will select maximum of three companies to participate in a rapid experimentation that lasts for 3-4 months. During the experimentation period, the company has a chance to develop their product or service while elderly people of the city get a chance to try out new methods to increase their well-being.
We are primarily looking for solutions that:
- Develop muscle strength and balance
- Combine physical activity and cognitive skills
- Promote social aspects of exercise
- Facilitate communication around different possibilities of exercising
The offered solution should answer to at least one of the above themes. The solution has to have business potential.
Reasons to apply:
• Possibility to experiment the product rapidly with the focus group
• Co-creation and product/business development support
• 10 000€ for development and testing
• Get to use City of Helsinki as a reference
• Visibility in City’s functions and media
If you are interested – apply here! Unfortunately, the application form is only in Finnish this time. However, if you face any problems regarding the application, please contact Noora Hagman (email@example.com).